Effective partnering for sustainable and / or transformational change is both an exciting and a challenging idea. Those involved – especially at the project / programme deliver level – have often found it surprisingly hard to break through ‘business as usual’ behaviours.
Certificate in Brokering Remote Partnerships
- a new online course for those who partner long-distance
May 13th to June 14th 2019
This course is designed to build energising approaches that combine ‘art’ (imagination) and ‘science’ (rigour) for those on the front-line of building and maintaining remote partnerships and other forms of multi-stakeholder collaboration.
The course offers a unique opportunity to explore how those brokering remote partnerships can:
- Turn remoteness from a challenge into a driver of more effective partnering
- Build strong working relationships with partners who may come from different cultures, value systems and / or types of organisation and yet who only rarely (if ever) meet face to face
- Take proper account of diversity – respecting each partner’s priorities / needs whilst still ensuring a ‘joined up’ approach
- Work with donor requirements for due diligence and compliance work alongside a more collaborative and less hierarchical model
- Grow partnering / partnership brokering skills (both their own and their partners) that enable the delivery of strong partnerships and model good partnering practices suitable for their specific contexts
- Evolve remote partnering strategies appropriate to each participant’s context and circumstances
- Review and assess the effectiveness and added value of the partnership – what it is achieving and how it could be changed to achieve more
The course runs over a 5-week period (including one week orientation / preparation) and involves participants in committing 4-6 hours per week with support provided by a range of inputs including: a course handbook, videos, interactive modules, small group work and webinars.
Assessment is made by each participant completing a ‘journal’ (written, video or visual) that will be reviewed by a qualified partnership broker who has rich experience in partnering long-distance. Successful participants are awarded a formal Certificate by the Partnership Brokers Association – the leading global organisation that provides formal vocational training in partnership brokering.
This course is for partnership practitioners with responsibility for mobilising and managing partnerships in scenarios where the partners rarely meet face to face. If you are in that situation, and you feel quite challenged and / or isolated in this role, this course will provide insight, knowledge, practical advice and a community of support. Cohorts will be small (typically 50 participants) to ensure attention can be paid to individual needs.
Course fees are as follows
The all-in price for any participant whether booking and paying for their place individually or being booked and paid for by their employer (whether an INGO, UN agency, corporation, NGO or public sector entity) is GB£250 which will be payable on line at the time of registration via PayPal.
In every cohort, there will be a small number of reduced-cost places available for those operating at local levels either as independent partnership practitioners or as staff in local NGOs or CBOs. To apply for this, you will need to make an application explaining your reasons for requesting a reduced-cost place.
This course is part of the Remote Partnering Project (www.remotepartnering.org) that was crowd funded between 2016 and 2018 by a number of INGOs including ACT ALLIANCE, BRITISH RED CROSS, CARE, OXFAM, SAVE THE CHILDREN. Funding for the development of new materials and the on-line technology for this course was provided by the British Red Cross for which the Partnership Brokers Association is very grateful.
This online course is supported by funding from the British Red Cross.
Quotes below are from graduates of the pilot On-line Remote Partnering Course run in collaboration with the Geneva Learning Foundation.