Welcome to Phase 3 of the course, which will focus on
Exploring your partnership practice through reflective practice, collaborative leadership, and on the last two phases of the partnering cycle – reviewing and revising and sustaining outcomes.
We very much look forward to journeying with you over the next (and last!) 4 sessions, during which we will practice, reflect, challenge and learn.
To the right, and below, you will find links to everything you will need for each session: pre-webinar work; the Zoom link to the webinar; the video recording of it and the accompanying slides that will be posted after each webinar; plus any handouts and other resources that might help to deepen your learning experience.
In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the Porticus Learning Forum (linked at the bottom of the right hand menu). This is private for the 14 Porticus participants, and us two, to be able to share, explore and probe with each other in between the sessions. We encourage you to visit this regularly, post ideas/questions/comments, and respond to those of others, so as to create an additional vibrant learning opportunity for all.
By the end of the whole course (i.e. end January 2021) you will be able to:
- Relate key conceptual partnering frameworks to your own partnering practice by exploring them, challenging them and applying them
- Create deeper understanding about power in partnerships, your relation to different forms of power and how to transform current power-imbalances in your partnerships. Zoom into one area of power imbalance: “partner selection” planting a seed to think about alternative ways.
- Reflect on own mental models and partnering practice, and learning to learn through regular reflection in order to evolve your own behavior, attitudes and expectations of partnerships
- Share challenges, insights, and ideas with peers from across sectors, regions, about partnering practice in different phases of the partnering cycle.
- Explore the role of the partnership broker and how this relates to your practice. This includes discovering your ‘sense of agency’ and diverse options you have to reveal challenges and to help address unhelpful partnering practice. Become more aware of your own ‘sense of agency’ in the “donor” role.
- Co-create new thinking around typical partnering challenges (e.g. partnering governance)
- Identify options and actions to strengthen the capacity of your organisation and yourself as a partnership broker, to navigate the coming months.
Participant Groups and Session Times
We will run each session twice, for people in different time zones. The two groups are as follows:
|Group 1||Group 2|
|Rita Anyumba – Africa||Carlos De La Rosa – NA|
|Laurah Kamau – Africa||Camilla Daminello – LATAM|
|Ena Pervan – CAL||Anna Nascimento – LATAM|
|Ramon Chua – Asia||Paolo Frizzi – Belgium|
|Sadaf Huq – Bangladesh||Sabine Palatin – CEE/Menat|
|Sara Habachi – CEE/Menat||Eva Nderu – Africa|
|Cristina Robledano – Iberia|
|Irene Salgado – Iberia|
|Day||Group 1||Group 2|
|Session 3.1: Monday 11th Jan||10:00 – 13:00 CET||14:00 – 17:00 CET|
|Session 3.2: Monday 18th Jan||10:00 – 13:00 CET||14:00 – 17:00 CET|
|Session 3.3: Monday 25th Jan||10:00 – 13:00 CET||14:00 – 17:00 CET|
|Session 3.4: Thursday 28th Jan||10:00 – 13:00 CET||14:00 – 17:00 CET|
Monday 11 January, 18 January and 25 January, Thursday 28 January (10.00-13.00 CET):
Meeting ID: 885 8206 3054
Monday 11 January, 18 January and 25 January, Thursday 28 January (14.00-17.00 CET):
Meeting ID: 850 8945 9759